Sunday, September 18, 2011

Flat Earth Bermuda Triangle Belgian-style Tripel

Had my first bomber of Flat Earth's Belgian-style tripel, recently, but  I'm referring to notes taken from my second taste of it, back in September, 2007, at Acadia Cafe.  In the intervening four years, I've tapped it myself several times, now and then. I feel the original thoughts hold true. Here come the notes:



Hazy golden color, smallish head (but more than the last pour I got, at another bar)...

Sweetness and spice in the nose, apricot and orange...lemon peel and ginger. On par for style.

A blast in the mouth, a bright blow-up of flavor, lovley and lively, same fruit and lightly spicy/sweet associations ring clear on the tongue. 
Lean and clean-bodied, but zesty and rewarding, getting brighter and juicier, maltier, with a dry, spicy finish, as we go further in...
what's the alcohol? 9%? Feelin' it, now...
Flavor really makes itself at home in the back of the throat before sliding slowly back, and softly going away...but never far from memory...

my serving at the other place last night left me feeling that it lacked carbonation, and was too lifeless for me...I'm not having that problem here, not now...could use more spark, I still believe, but this is doing good things in my mouth, nonetheless...



------------


Hmmm, looking back, a few things are different from tap to bottle. Definitely looks better, can't you tell? Flavor is consistent, though, so I'll keep it as is. Get this one with confidence, it'll do you well.

No comments: