Friday, September 9, 2011

Great Divide Hercules Double IPA


Drinking fresh on the tap, and looking back on my first notes from a bottle, June, 2004:

Lovely, bright amber color, full, fresh head of froth, creamy as all-get-out, utterly delightful. Aroma, smoooth, I meant to say, smooo-oo–ooth, and luscious, with touches of pine, and citrus, a forest floor at loose in the nose. Uplifting and well worth smelling! Taste: full blast of hoppiness, and brash fruity flavor. A rewarding overload of juicy taste delivers on the palate again and again. Nice, and nice. Not as punishing or as harsh as a Rogue or a Dreadnaught, but I imagine they weren't out to slay the uninitiated with this, but welcome some into the heavily hoppy fold. Despite that qualm, a big, brash IPA, well worth any ale-lover's tasting! Yum, I says, as the flavor still laps up and around the mouth and I keep thinking "yum, yum, and, again, yum." Tastiness beerily personified!

No comments: