Monday, September 5, 2011

Steel Toe Size 7 IPA


Steel Toe Brewing, St. Louis Park, Size 7 IPA, 7.7%, 77 IBUs, something like that.
64 ounce growler.

Reddish/amber hue, slim white head. 

Bittersweet aromatics, ripe with fruity esters, pine, grapefruit, very vibrant and lively. Zest nose, I like it a lot.

Taste: Bitter hops up front, more of the citrus fruit and pine, but well matched with ample malt. Medium bodied, long, bitter hoppy finish. Toasty malt flavors coat the tongue, keeping up with the consistent delivery of hoppiness. Excellent consumability, never-ending taste. 

My first taste of Minnesota's newest brewery, and it hits a home run. This is one IPA that's right up my alley. Exceptionally likable, good for what ails you.

Can't think of more to say, but that just about does it. I'm impressed, and I'll be back for more. Or, someone else will, and bring a growler back to me.
(Thanks to Jason B. for retrieving this growler!)

2 comments:

Caveman said...

Thanks in part to this review, I picked up a growler of Size 7 today. Nicely balanced IPA. Lots of hops, but not trying to prove anything.

Al McCarty said...

Tell them the Bitter Nib sent you.