Friday, September 2, 2011

Founders Porter


Notes taken in August of 2004:

Dark, rich, coffee bean color, near opacity,, with a creamy tan head nestled above, a nice 1/4" that assuredly slims, but not too swiftly.

Aroma: bittersweet espresso from sniff #1...roasty, toasty, deep, and inviting.

Lush mouthfeel, big chocolatey malt character hits first in the flavor, nice and thick, then it rounds out and quits the mouth on a happy note. And urges further sips and swallows. Fills the mouth happily with the cocoa/coffee quality all good porters must have, but never too bitter, very, very smooth, and not at the sacrifice of flavor and body.

I really like this one. Actually, I really, really like this one, this is truly my kind of porter, and I know them when I find them.
Ful bodied, long, flavorful finish, lush texture...this is one porter I'd be happy to call me own, and would have caseloads on hand at at time, were I the Michigan type...cheers to you who are, for having this fine brew!

No comments: