Friday, September 2, 2011

Flying Dog Doggie-Style Classic Pale Ale


Another in the Alpha Sampler, An Homage to the Hop. I was rather harsh when I first assessed this, in March, 2003. Observe:

-------------------------
Bright, frothy head, amber color.
Aroma: full-on citrus, and precious little else.
Smooth, easy-drinking, and, dammmit, if I can ever think of anything else to recommend this one by.
It's fine, and forgetabble, and it's got that great Ralph Steadman art going for it...
sigh...it's okay...I geuss...
--------------------------

I'm never that harsh these days. Look at that, I didn't even note the flavors. There's nothing wrong with it, it is what it is, it does what it sets out to do. Nice, tidy hop bite, but smooth, and tasty, easy-going, poundable, if that's how you do it.

No comments: