Monday, August 27, 2012

Avery Ellie's Brown Ale

Looking at notes from January, 2004, for this one, though I drink from a can this time (there's no difference between the two):


Avery Ellie's Brown

Clear, pale brown color, good head, rocky, fizzy, with nice lacing.

Aroma: Malty, cola and nuts.

Taste: mildness supreme, very little actual action on the palate, almost no hoppiness, but a good malt quotient. Finish barely exists, body is very thin, ...and if I seem to stand on the verge of condemning the brew, at the same time, I can understand that it actually acheives it's aims.
A light, unimpressive quaffer, a la Newcastle...nothing wrong with that, the stuff sells, folks like it, but it leaves me cold.
I was harsh on the finish, though, for it does carry on for a time, with a caramelly nut flavor.

No comments: