Sunday, December 9, 2012

Harriet Chardonnay Barrel-aged Divine Oculust


Barrel Aged (Chardonnay) Divine Oculust Belgian-style Strong Golden Ale.

This release is probably the biggest barrel-aged brew from Harriet. No, I'm sure of it. First big one, with more to come. Cheers to an ongoing barrel program!

Hazy golden tone, short-lived white head.

Aroma: Wood, wine, fruit…and booze.

Taste: Oak gets on the palate first, then comes the wine, with fruit and spice below. A little sharp, a tiny bit sweet, and here comes the booze. Nicely complex, dry and delicious. And boozy. I have to save the rest of this growler for tomorrow. Or I will regret it.
I'm pretty sure the barrel added some percentage points. Don't know if anything else was added. I know there's some bugs in some of those barrels.

No comments: