Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Unibroue Trois Pistoles

You know what one of my favorite breweries is? Quebec's Unibroue, that's one of them. But, I noticed that in the past two years since I kick-started this thing up again, I've only logged-in 4 of their beers. I'm so behind. So, I am finally taking care of one of my favorites, if not my most favorite, looking at notes on Trois Pistoles from way back in February, 2003: Notes, away!


Unibroue Trois Pistoles. Belgian-style strong dark ale. 9 % ABV. 16 IBU.
Brasserie Unibroue, Chambly, Quebec, Canada.

Dark violet color, with a short tan head that recedes too soon.

Rich, heady aromas come wafting out the bottleneck, plump with associations: Raisins, plums, spices, brandy, dark rum, smoke, and so much more.

Bracing onslaught of hops on the palate, but excellent buttress of malt backs it up.
Fantastic spark on the tongue, and a wonderful sweetness that follows after the drizzling of hops. Transendant complexity, utterly other-worldly, and overjoyous.

A real treat of a beer, and a rare delight. Only the finest of human beings should put this to their lips, as a benedicton and reflection of the worthiness of their souls. So, all you slobs, go better yourselves before daring to crack the cage and cork. So go do community service, adopt a stray kitten, give a street urchin a quarter, let someone on the freeway before you, be kind to our fine feathered friends, turn a Bud man on to oatmeal stouts, just do something to realign your karma to make you worthy enough to pour this fine beer down your gullet.


----------------Yeah, looks like I like it, huh?

No comments: