Wednesday, March 6, 2013

La Trappe Quadrupel Oak-aged Trappist Ale


La Trappe Quadrupel Oak-Aged Trappist Ale. Product of Holland.

K22I 10 12:11 Batch 3. "Oak aged Quadrupel is matured in small barrels and is bottled by hand, resulting in pleasant variation from batch to batch and reflecting the living nature of an unfiltered, unpasteurized ale. We invite you to visit our website at www.latrappe.nl to learn more about Oak Aged Quadrupel, the brewery, Koningshoeven Abbey and our other Trappist Ales."  Oh, and…"Taste the silence"

Murky beige burgundy…plenty of carbonation, under a comfortable creamy solid head froth.

Aroma: Oak, vanilla, chocolate, toffee, warm, soft, wonderful.

Taste: soft, mellow, sweet, scrumptious. Caresses the mouth. Dark fruit, chocolate, incredibly mature, sophisticated, alcohol factor is fairly muted…beautifully blended.

Those are the notes I scribbled down while drinking half a bottle with a friend who graciously shared one with me after I told him that I had a hard time spending $15 on a single 12 ounce bottle of beer, no matter how good. I said that I would turn these into complete sentences or something later, but looking at them now, it says it all. Not much more to tell. It really is a wonderfully beer. One that I'd happily pay $15 for if it weren't a mere 12 ounces. What else need be said. It's all that and a little more.

1 comment:

javediqbal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.