Sunday, March 10, 2013

Three Floyds Pride and Joy Mild Ale


Went into Wisconsin last week, visited Casanova's in Hudson, and bought some Three Floyds. Picked up some Pride & Joy Mild Ale for the first time in forever. Why have I never picked any up in any of my other trips> Well, it's a fine beer, but not my favorite, and if they have Alpha King, well, forget about it. This was the first time I looked around and though, "okay, it's time for Pride and Joy." Which I  first reviewed in December, 2002. There were still some bottles around back then. And here's what I said about it, 10 years ago:

Big, creamy head; copper color.

Aroma: fresh, slightly spicy, soft, faintly herbal, some lemon zest.

Taste:tangy, but smooth, quite mild, but more character and flavor than other session ale types I've tried recently. I could drink a lot of this, if I didn't care too much about variety, etc.

 Unfortunately, I like to drink quality, exciting brews, and a diversity of them. So I ask: why can't the discriminating session beer drinker, the party giver, the softball player, turn to this instead of Bud Light?


Good question. Answer: I don't know, because they hate flavor?

No comments: