Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Chicago Brewing Chi Town Windy City Wheat


We're still plugging through the Chicago beers, over a month later. We're maybe halfway through them? I don't know for sure, I never counted. Well, here comes another, and it's the second of three wits I had last night...

Chicago Beer Company Chi Town Windy City Wheat Belgian White Ale, Belgian Style Wheat ale Brewed with honey and spices. Brewed and Bottled by Chicago Beer Company, Stevens Point, Wisconsin. 5% Alc./Vol. 12 Fl. Oz.

Lightly hazed, straw gold color, big head, wilting down in time,

Aroma: Sweet and wheat. Here comes the honey. Citrus notes present. Little to no hop bitterness.

Taste: Light bodied, easy drinking. Some modicum of flavor, very low display of fruit notes and small amounts of spice, if any. Kind of …blah. Not doing much at all. A little too sweet, methinks. Nothing terribly wrong with this, but nothing terribly right about it, either.

I have to reserve judgement on the total works of the Chicago Beer Company, for I've only had this one, obviously contract-brewed bottling. Maybe they make better ones and maybe I'll find those one day.

For now, I almost want to pour it out. But I never do that. On to one more witbier today…see if we'll go up or down with that one.

No comments: