Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Peach Tree Blonde Fatale Belgian-style Blonde Ale


Peace Tree Blonde Fatale Ale. I must admit that until moments ago I thought this beer was called "Blonde Fat Ale…Ale." 8.5% ABV.

Cloudy, dusky golden hue, 1/2 inch white head that slips away swiftly.

Aroma: Nice! Belgian yeast leads the charge. A bit of barnyard funk melds with citric notes. A bit o' sweetness, plus bread-y malts, judicious hopping.

Taste: Here's that hit of tidy hops, delicate bitterness, toasty, tasty cracker-y malt base, and Belgian yeast leading the way. Medium bodied, very even-keeled and especially delicious. Right on the money. I like this one.

Hey, what do they tell us on the label? "Our Belgian-style Blonde Ale will steal your heart as the unfiltered golden hue seduces your taste buds with surprising smoothness. It's delicately hopped with Styrian Golding and Celeia or medium aroma with a crisp and refreshing bite. The Belgian yeast adds hints of fruity complements but be warned, it's mysterious charm will draw you in again and again." I'll buy that.

 "Leave sediment in bottle." I always skip that step. Sediment doesn't worry me.

No comments: