Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Three Floyds Blackheart English-style IPA

Another birthday beer, another Chicago beer, another first time since the first time, looking at notes from June, 2006. Including a photo of the bottle I drank, and a pic of the label of the one I first had, seven years ago. Notes, do your thing:


Blackheart English IPA

Hazed, bronze/amber hue, nice white foam cap, leaving lace.
Lovely hoppy nose: apples and peach, cherries and herbs, grassy.

Crisp and spicy on the palate, nice blast of hops up front, fading, but never quitting. Plentiful fruit and spice, zesty, zippy, but never too much so.
Medium bodied. Warm, wet, and tasty as heck.

American IPAs long ago surpassed English IPAs in my list of favorite styles. A beer like Blackheart reminds me of why I liked them in the first place.

No comments: