Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lost Coast Indica India Pale Ale

Another bottle brought back from Chicago, this one a beer I last had in June of 2004, nine long years ago. Apparently I'd had it before, locally, and this trade with a Florida friend brought it back for me. I took notes again tonight when I tried it anew, again, and they seem pretty spot on with what I wrote back in '04. So, here go those notes...


Lost Coast Indica India Pale Ale, 6.5$ ALC/VOL., Lost Coast Brewery & Cafe, Eureka, CA.


Lovely, deep orange hue, blessed with a flush and creamy off-white head, big & lumpy, slow to settle, never-dying.


Nose is fruity, with orange, mango, apricot, a hint of grapefruit and traces of pine predominant.  vibrant, pungent, pine and citrus nose. Stanky and danky. Distinctly delightful.

Big bitterness on first taste, but lip-smackingly, palate-drenchingly delightful, totally tasty, it urges another sip, which turns into a gulp. Fresh, tingly hop flavor pervades the mouth & every meeting with lips and cup sets this method in motion again: brash bitterness, juicy fruit flavor, repeat.

Bold flavor, bold hop attack, repeat. My kind of IPA.

No comments: