Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Port Brewing Santa's Little Helper Imperial Stout

I had to search through this blog to see I've done this beer before. It's tricky, because BeerAdvocate says I posted a review on 12/13/10, which is the same date as the first beer review on this blog. Well, I can't find it anywhere, so I must have posted the BA review the day before I got the notion to do things this way.

Well, here we have it, 2 1/2 year old notes on another beer I enjoyed on my birthday, but this one by myself, after the guest had left.
------------------------

Port Brewin/Pizza Port Santa's Little Helper, Russian Imperial Stout, 10% ABV.


Every year Santa works up that famous list, He takes notes of who's been naughty...

ah, F* it, I', m not gonna quote the whole label....surely someone else will, and I'm off the hook ....
Port Brewing Santa's Little Helper...
Dark as heck, slimmish head, tannish color.bubbles round the rim.

Aroma: big time whiskey, out loud and proud bourbon, sweetness, and molasses, and some charcoal, some chocolate. Sweet succor, and depth, undeniable deep and far-fetching flavors.

Taste: all of those and more. Mucho chocolate, Mucho mucho. Big, sweet, rich and unrelenting. Full, rich, rewarding, big and chocolatey, huge and bourbony...

It's so delicious. Mmm, mmm-tddyy, -mmm, mmm, mmm.

Wait, what was that...it was ...oooh, ooom-idditty, oom, oom , ooh!!!!

In other words, I guess I liked it!

No comments: