Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lucid Silo Saison


Lucid Silo Saison, Lucid Brewing, Minnetonka, MN. Brewed and bottled by Lucid Brewing Company, Minnetonka, MN. Saison-styled Ale. 5.5% ABV.

Thoroughly hazed, dark amber hue, smallish white head. (Starts big, but collapses quickly.)

Aroma: Earthy. Malty. Belgian yeast-y. Just enough sweetness. Rye malt? Very rustic, right on point. I like this.

Taste: Ah! Yum! Tasty Belgian malt, minor hops, spicy & earthy malts. Medium to low body, easy consumability. Much complexity. A different take on a saison than we typically get from our local breweries.

I admit this: When I downed my first bottle from this six-pack I wasn't sure if I like it, so much so that I regretted having 5 more to pass down my gullet. With my second bottle, I like it more and more, wondering what I objected to with the first one. Now that I've finished my final one with these notes, I wish I had another.

No comments: