Thursday, August 22, 2013

Third Street Brewhouse Three Way Pale Ale


  Third Street Brewhouse Three Way Pale Ale. 5.2% ABV. 12 fl. oz. It's a pale ale, and I'm gonna drink it up.

Appearance: Lightly hazed, amber colored, small head that quits quickly. 'sokay.

Aroma: Nice and hoppy, featuring notes of citrus and pine, with some caramel /butterscotch notes. Just shy of diacetyl, but not unpleasant. Feels like a mix of English and American hops at work.

Taste: Slight bitterness up front, with lemon and pine notes, and an underlying sweetness. Lean bodied, light finish. I like it for a minute, then I don't care for it, then I tolerate it, then I'm indifferent. This will do in a pinch. I tossed the first 4 bottles in the six-pack rather easily, but sitting down and studying this bottle's contents…eh, it's fine. But not much more.

Well, it's beer and I can drink it.

Hey, there's a story: "The Story: Our obsession with the number three is getting so out of control that we've named our beer three way. Too much? Didn't think so.This sessional pale ale is unlike many others. Not only because of it's three distinct hops and three select malts but this brew is a conversation starter, a proposition and a punch line all rolled into one.
And hey if it works, you're welcome."

I feel dumber for having read that. And I can see how this name would backfire. "What are you drinking?" she asks coyly. He answers in a cocksure manner: "I'm having me a three way!" Her" "All by yourself? Good luck with that."

No comments: