Monday, August 5, 2013

Ale Asylum Hopalicious Pale Ale

A bottle brought back from Wisconsin, looking at notes from August of 2007. Probably from my first visit to the brewery, coinciding with my first visit to Madison, WI itself, and my first Great Taste of the Midwest.


Pale peachy coloring, fairly hazing...a good 1/2" layer of snowy foam atop.

Aroma: Cascade all the way, fresh grapefruit, peach, & pine...lime twist and orange peel. I like it!

Tastin' it: Lightly hoppy, good bitter blitz on the tongue, then all is mellow...smooth, and tasty. Sweet malt ballast, solid backbone, good balance...hops take center stage.

"Hopalicious" seems very much like a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, or a less hoppy Alpha King or something...great stuff here, sol-ID!
Sweet, toasty, hoppy, and excellently drinkable...I could be fond of this. Glad I grabbed a 6-pack...

No comments: