Thursday, October 17, 2013

Franziskaner Kristtalklar Weissbier


Franziskaner Weissbier Kristallkalr, Premium Weissbier. Nach Alter Brau Tradition. Alc. 5.0% by Vol.

Big, allowing chalk white head, tremendous lacing, with clear, golden coloring.

Aroma: ah, beautiful, fresh, lively, sweet, wheat-y aromatics. Lemon and lime zest, floral notes, lightly spicy. Just gorgeous.

Taste: more citrus notes, wheat-y texture. It's crisp, clean, and refreshing. Slides down seriously smoothly. But I know what I'm missing. Kristallweisses are fine and dandy, but I want the yeast. I want to see the cloudy look, and I want it to be in the flavor, as well.

I can't share the gobbledygook with you because I don't know any Deutsch. This bottle was brought over from Germany by a friend. I don't know if it's actually imported to the U.S., but intensive research show that I've never had it.

No comments: