Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Grand Teton Bitch Creek ESB (Extra Special Brown)

Got samples from the local distributors of this Idaho brewery, and glad I did. They arrived without warning when I was too busy to sample and drink with them, then didn't show up at the rescheduled appointed time. I'm sure somehow I'll remember their names, track down their numbers, etc., etc., if I really like the beers. Three of the four are brews I haven't taken notes on before, and this here's the one I have, from January of 2009, my take on Bitch Creek ESB:


01/09

Highly hazed and bronze/dark amber color...cream-toned head, long lasting...

Grassy hops and caramel malt shine through the nose. Spicy, sweet, yet dry.

Taste: Crsip,bright, lightly sweet, then dry. Nutty, caramel and toffee, with a bit of tart apple.

Medium bodied, lightly lingering finish, ...tasty stuff. I'd drink one again,for sure.

No comments: