Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Three Floyds Tiberian Inquisitor Barrel-aged Pale Ale


Three Floyds Tiberian Inquisitor, Pale Ale, Three Floyds Brewing Company, Munster, Indiana. MMXIII. Alc. by Vol: ???

The last bottle brought back from my Chicago trip over four months ago. (I really will finish the story, I swear.)

It's a hazy, dark crimson thing, with a slim head. Blood red, making me want to go off in Three Floyds menu/ pulp magazine style riff about …oh, you know, witches and satan, ominous gobbledygook, over-done sword and sorcery stuff…not feeling it right now. I'll quote the menu, from the 3F brewpub: "Want to have your most hidden secrets torn from the dark recesses of your soul? Tiberian Inquisitor will do just that." Etc., etc. Blah, blah.

Wild and weird aromatics. Sour, sweet and unearthly, with the red wine barrel character swings wide and hard. Beautiful, and wicked at once.

Taste: And it lands on the tongue hard and heavy. Some bitterness, some tannins. Fairly light bodied, if not for the barrel action. Delicious and refreshing. No alcohol given, and it doesn't feel high. What it does feel is tasty. Despite the sour-ing, it's surprisingly smooth. Mmmm. …yeah…I like it, it's good. Oh, wait, no, I meant to say, "though the evil minions of the warlock king may have conspire to vanquish me with their torture and poisons, my pure heart has triumphed over their insidious ploys, and I shall return with my armor and my steed to cast them into the Foul Pit of Varkon and they shall pay for their treachery as they are devoured by the radioactive weasels of Waorkenstein."

No comments: