Saturday, October 31, 2015

Alpine Duet

Alpine Duet India Pale Ale. 7% ABV.

This is my first time with this beer, but not my first Alpine. Records claim that I had Pure Hoppiness back in 2004. This is my first locally purchased Alpine, so we've got that going for us.

Beautiful. Gorgeous. Clear, bright golden, lovely chalk white head.

Perfect. Lemon, lime, grapefruit, ...pine and citrus aplenty. Yeah, man.

Taste: yum. All kinds of hop delights. All the best. Mmmm. Lush, luscious, full-on fruity and fantastic. Loads of citrus and touches of tropical. It's so good. It's ....it's wonderful. It's exactly right. Everything is right right now. It's all good.

They know what they're going out in Alpine, California.

Damn it, this is a good beer and I can drink it. You should, too.

Hey, there's some stuff on the label. Let's read it: "A West Coast IPA that features Amarillo and Simcoe hops "in harmony," giving a bright, floral aroma. Duet is nicely bitter with the perfect amount of malt concealed behind the hoppy goodness. Immensely drinkable, amazingly nimble on it's feet."

Oh, there's more: "Drink Alpine Ale of GO TO  BED!"Pat Mc M----, I can't read the small type.

No comments: