Sunday, October 18, 2015

Ballast Point Indra Kunindra India-style Export Stout

Ballast Point Indra Kunindra limited release India-style Export Stout. Stout with Madras curry, Cumin, Cayenne, Coconut & Kaffir Lime.

Utter blackness, rich, large roasted tan head, leaving lace. Looking great.

Aroma: sweet and lovely. beautiful. hard to describe. honestly. unheard of. A little caramel, some toffee, but never too sweet, always balanced, always matched with plenty of hops.

Now to drink: There it is, again, the undescribable! It comes off as a sweetness, but never sweet. Candyish, but never candy-like. There’s coconut in this, and vanilla, and caramel, too. It’s not what I’d expect from an export stout, but it’s damned delicious. Toasted cocoanut…vanilla…wait, I said that… what else? Caramel…oh, I said that, too….Big time cocoanut in this big, big stout. And I love it.
It’s getting a little hot, though…peppers?

If anything proves that I don't read about these beers before I drink them, that above paragraph does. I reached for the bottle after reading that and sighed to myself. Aha, an Indian-style of Export Stout. Now, I get it.

Delicious, and wholly unique. Go get this. Worth every penny.

Let’s read some gobbledygook: “Indra Kunindra is a burst of Madras Curry, Cumin, Cayenne, Coconut, and Kaffir Lime, Enjoy! Our India-style Export Stout is a unique collaboration with award-winning home brewer Alex Tweet. Released in limited quantities, this explosion of South Asian flavors is reason enough to kneel down and thank the heavens. And further proof of San Diego’s status as a brewer’s playground and a beer lover’s utopia.”

Went a little overboard at the end there.

No comments: