Monday, October 19, 2015

Central Waters Brewhouse Coffee Stout

Central Waters Brewhouse Coffee Stout.

Dark color, nearly black, with ruby highlights peeking through at the edges, and a lush, looming toasty tanned head.

Intense coffee aromatics. Roasted espresso beans aplenty. Dive in deeper and chocolate reveals itself. Rich, dark and decadent.

In the mouth, coffee comes first, meshed with lush dark malts. Smooth and tasty. Not as full-bodied as I like my coffee stouts. I need them really thick and substantial. There's nothing wrong with this approach, though, and plenty of other people seem to prefer it. I'm used to being in the minority.

As is, this delivers the coffee for sure, if it's not as full-bodied as I like. You can't win them all. Unless you can, in which case good for you.

No comments: