Sunday, November 1, 2015

Finch's Hardcore Chimera Imperial India Pale Ale

Finch's Beer Company Hardcore Chimera Imperial India Pale Ale. Alcohol 9% by Volume. 1 pint. Brewed and canned by Finch's Beer Company, Chicago, IL.

Lightly hazed, peace-y coloring, apricots, large white head that drifts down in a quickness.

Pithy, pungent aromatics. Or do I mean, "dank"? No, because I hate that word. Juicy, thick citric notes filling the nose.

Event thicker and fuller in the mouth. Starts bitter, picks up sweetness. Medium bodied, long, lingering hoppy finish. Smooth and creamy. Did I say that? Damn, it, though, it is. Smooth, if you've got a high tolerance for alpha acid bitterness. Creamy, if you want that super thick (I refuse to say sticky) hop goodness dripping all over the palate.

The 9% ABV is starting to kick in, giving me that good feeling that says I'm not going out tonight.

Damn good IIPA. Go drink it.

No comments: