Thursday, November 26, 2015

Town Hall Northern Gale Sticke Alt

Here we have another new Town Hall beer that's not listed on their website. I found it on BeerAdvocate with one rating, added this Sunday. Raters on RateBeer.com added it a few weeks earlier. I hadn't been in in the pub in a while, so it was new to me. By the name, I'm taking a wild guess that it's a German-style Sticke Altbier. Those helpful folks mentioned above say that it's 5.5% alcohol by volume. I could have found that out myself, but I didn't take note while I was there, just grabbed the growler, and now here I am ready to drink it. So what am I waiting for?

Clear, caramel-brown coloring, slim off-white head, soon-gone.

Clean, malt-forward aroma.

Rich, malty flavor. Semi-sweet. Good balance. Brief notes of caramel and toffee, a little cocoa, and the hops are holding malt just in check. Tastes like a sticke alt should.

Good beer. You can drink it.

That about cover it, friends.

No comments: