Thursday, November 26, 2015

American Sky Amber Salute Beer

American Sky Amber Salute Beer. Brewed and bottled by American Sky Brewing, Minnetonka, MN. 5.5% ABV.

It's a formerly Hudson, Wisconsin-based brewery that has been purchased by Lucid Brewing earlier this summer, with the original brewer still making the original recipes in the Minnetonka Lucid Brewery, using some of the equipment from their Hudson facility. The bottle is a sample given to me by Jon Messier, one of the owners of Lucid, last week. He's been back to find out my opinion, and I had to admit I hadn't opened the bottles he'd given me yet. Time to rectify this situation.

Lightly hazed, amber coloring, slim whitish head, soon down to a tight ring.

Toasty, malt-forward nose. Grainy. Smells of fresh wort. If you've ever been in a brewery when they're brewing, this is what I'm getting.

In the mouth, it's a warm and malty thing. I'm guessing we have an unfiltered amber ale here. Low on the hops, full mouthfeel, malty finish, softly fading. A little nutty. Tasty. Thirst-quenching, excellent drinkability.

You know what, I like this. Go ahead and give it a try. Won't hurt you.

No comments: