Thursday, November 26, 2015

Founders ReDankulous Imperial Red India Pale Ale

Founders Redankulous. Imperial Red IPA. Founders Brewing Company, Grand Rapids, Michigan. 9.5% alc. by vol, 90 IBUs.

Clearish, bright crimson coloring, large, creamy, off-white head, lasting long and leaving lace. Looks great.

Aroma is piney, citrusy, fruity, and, yeah, that most hated of words, to me,..."dank"...I should just give in, right? It's funky stuff, for sure. I like it.

In the mouth: Boom, boom, boom, boom. Big and full and fresh and vibrant. Everything at once, while being easily drinkable, but for the high alcohol. And that is looming large. Big malt, big hops, big everything. Whoa, this is serious. And I'm digging it. It's tasty as they get.

So rich and malty, so well-balanced, so thick with the dank (I hate myself for writing that)...this is a beer to be experienced. Once in a while. Nice one, Founders.

No comments: