Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Bauahus Copperpop Lager

Bauhaus Copperpop Hoppy Red Lager. Minneapolis, Minnesota. 5.6% ABV. 60 IBU.

Clear, bright copper-y coloring, large off-white head, pours out big and last long, leaving lace.

Aroma: nice and hoppy, citrus and pine. Grapefruit and lime. Lovely.

In the mouth: starts off juicy and piney, lots of citrus-y hop flavors, swiftly followed by sweet and spicy malt. There's rye in this, right? I can't read the damned label, so off to the website we go....sure there is, read about it here.  A unique take on the red lagers of Ireland, they call it. I did not know that used so much rye malt or such intensely citrus American hops. I guess that would be the unique take part of it.

This is the kind of lager I like. Tasty, tasty. I can enjoy this one. Blend of rye malt and citrus-y hops continues through the finish and never quite quits.

No comments: