Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Fair State Pineapple Cromulence

Fair State Pineapple Cromulence. 4% ABV, 10 IBU.
Fair State Brewing Cooperative, Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Clear, pale gold, heaping helping of ivory froth atop.

In the nose: Sour and sweet, together at last. Pineapple plentitude.

In the mouth: Not too complex, not too hard to understand. It's right there on the palate: pineapple Berliner Weisse. Fresh, wheat, sour, and fruity. Light bodied, easy drinking, refreshing, pretty damned tasty.


Now, the last time I had a fruity kettle sour, Toppling Goliath's Dragon Fandango, I sounded off a bit about the style. I haven't changed my mind. There ain't nothing wrong with them, and they will ever remain popular, but I think I'm through with them. Maybe I'll stop drinking them. Or, maybe I'll drink them, but I'll stop complaining about it. Or, should I give a greater exposure to traditional mixed-fermentation beers, when I see them? Of course, I should.

No comments: