Wednesday, October 11, 2017

LTD World Traveler Costa Rican Cold Press Coffee Stout

LTD World Traveler Costa Rican Cold Press Coffee Stout. Alc. 6% by Volume. Brewed and bottled by LTD Brewing Co., Hopkins, MN.

Solid blackness, nice lightly toasted tan head, looking very nice.

In the nose: A lot of coffee in here, rich, herbal, earthy. Very nice, with chocolate malts just behind.

In the mouth: A little bit of fruit, cherries and berries pop up to match the mighty malt. Mouthfeel is a little thin for the style, and could really use some richness and thickness. Flavor's good, but it doesn't feel right without the weight. I could say more, but I'd rather not depress myself further by dwelling on the inherent flaws.

Finishing out the bottle (yeah, I don't drain pour), I remain disappointed. Definitely not worth what I paid for it. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

(There's a whole lot of gobbledygook on the label, in tiny type, but I'm going to skip it.)

No comments: