Thursday, October 26, 2017

Utepils Ewald the Golden Bavarian Style HefeWeizen

A number of Utepils cans came in to my possession not too long ago, but I wasn't in a big hurry to sample them, since I'd already tried them at the brewery, and in this case, already had a keg on tap at Acadia. So, I saved them for review and the time has finally come. Need to clean out that fridge. (Once in a while, I think about visiting breweries and picking up growlers or crowlers, and then I remember that there are 3 dozen or so bottles, cans, crowlers or growlers awaiting review, and then I'll order a pizza and stay home to drink them up.)

And while I'm at it, there's that one Utepils beer review I've never posted, because it's tied to my report on the brewery itself, which I've procrastinating on posting. Time's up, got to do it. And we'll start with this one....

Utepils Ewald the Golden Bavarian-style Hefe Weizen, Utepils Brewing, Minneapolis, MN. 5.2% ABV. 15 IBU.

Thoroughly hazed, pale golden color, beautiful ivory head, leaving lace behind.

In the nose: Straw first, then comes the fruit. Banana, citrus, then a little touch of clove. Light, airy, lovely. Just right.

In the mouth: slightly sweet, fresh and refreshing. Smooth wheat malt texture. Light bodied and quaffable. Spot on rendition of the style. Hefeweizens are great summer satisfiers for sure, but they are terrific drinks at any other time as well. And this one is quite tasty. I'd rank it among the better locally made versions, hands down

A HEAVENLY HEFEWEIZEN CREATED BY YOUR HEAD BREWER. WITH A HAZY GOLDEN HUE AND AROMAS OF BANANA AND CLOVE, THIS BAVARIAN STYLE BREW PAIRS PALE WHEAT WITH MALTED BARLEY AND FINISHES WITH A BUBBLY FOAM HALO.

No comments: