Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Oliphant cats, cats, cats, CATS!!! India Pale Ale

Oliphant cats, cats, cats, CATS!!! India Pale Ale, 6.7% ABV. Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, WI.

Clear, golden/amber hue, slim ivory head.

In the nose: bright, citrus-y, orange and grapefruit, all the C-hops are at play here, yes, indeed. Everything you want in an IPA, if you're not one of these trend chasers like all those kids these days! (Damnit, where'd I put my pills!)

In the mouth: Smooth and clean and oh, so hoppy. All the C's abound, with tons of citrus/pine flavors.  Bitterness on top, smooth and malty below. Just about perfect. This is IPA.

good news everyone! even if you are allergic to cats, you can still enjoy this beer. it's made with only the finest hypoallergenic cat hairballs.

india pale ale with chinook, cascade, centennial, and columbus hops. 6.7% abc

In some places on the board, the chalk art of Jeremy
Hughes has now been replaced by the vinyl on
album cover art of Jeremy Hughes. The canvas that
Also Bort was painted upon is Tommy Roe's Greatest
Hits, yes, Tommy Roe of "Dizzy" and no other classics.
Put to good use at last, I'd say.
(Note from the Editor: I have once again become the victim of a technological failure. Some time yesterday, my MacBook Air that I used to download and edit pictures no longer recognizes the iPhone I'd been using to take them. The picture of the crowler of cats, etc that I consumed Sunday night and took notes upon will instead be represented by the first beer I had at the taproom Sunday afternoon. Until I get it working again, I'll have to use the iPod Plus that I used to take photos previously, which it does recognize, oddly enough.)
Editor's Note: Fixed.

No comments: