Friday, October 20, 2017

Wild Mind Vivid Gold Triple IPA

Wild Mind Vivid Gold Triple IPA. 10.8% ABV. 75 IBU. Wild Mind Artisan Ales, Minneapolis, MN.

Lightly hazed, amber-hued, slim white head.

In the nose: big fruit, big, bold, pithy hop bitterness and fruit notes aplenty. Sweet, hoppy, bitter, beautiful. Me, I like it.

In the mouth: Big bitterness, huge fruit, tasty all the way. Alcohol creeps in, assuredly. A veritable cornucopia on the palate. Bigness upon bigness.

I have to admit it. My notes ended there. I did not go on to write the Great American Novel on the subject of Vivid Gold triple IPA, alas. But, I swam in it, I luxuriated in it, I drank in all and had a restful slumber. And there ain't nothing wrong with that.

"this was a crowler filled on 8/3/17, and purchased by me some time later, and opened on August 30. The notes remained to a state of suspended animation, while I wondered what to do about their unfinished-ness. I finally decided that they were good enough to go forward. Meanwhile, I still wonder what VGML stands for. Anyone know?)

Brewed with five pounds per barrel of hops that include Citra, Cascade, Azacca & Motueka. Notes of sweet grapefruit, pineapple, mango, papaya, bright Citrus, Fresh hay, and Stone. 

No comments: