Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Omnipollo Shploing!!!

Omnipollo Shploing!! Mango S'mores India Pale Ale brewed with marshmallows, graham crackers, salt and lactose sugar with mango and vanilla added. 12 fl. oz. All. 7% by Vol. Brewed and canned for Omnipollo by Dorchester Brewing, Boston, MA. Product of the United States, store cool and dark.

Once again, it's the last can of a 4-pack that cost much more than I normally like to pay. The first three was consumed by gusto and alacrity, and not much contemplation. With the final can, I take a wider scope of consideration. I've liked all the Omnipollo's I've had before, and this one? Just had to try it.

Clear, bright golden, enormous ivory head.

In the nose: nothing but fresh, bright, bold citrus. Exactly what you want in an IPA.

In the mouth: more bold citrus hop flavor, smooth 'n' fruity. Nice bitterness, medium bodied, easy drinker. I can taste some of that mango, but all those other ingredients are a bit lost in the shuffle. Don't really get the "s'mores" aspect at all. I wouldn't call it a failure, but the parts are not greater than the whole, here.

No comments: