Sunday, January 13, 2019

Peroni Nastro Azzurro Lager

Peroni Nastro Azzurro Lager. 5.1 % ABV. Birra Peroni, Roma, Italy.

Once more, it's proof that if you give me a beer, it will be reviewed here. Got this from a distributor rep, probably due to this fact, not that he thought I'd like it and want to start selling it. I probably also received the bottle I reviewed in 2005 as sample. I found those notes. Here they are...

Transparent, yellowy appearance...big, bone-white head, softly settling.

Aroma: "eh, it's beer"...clean and dull, with merest hints of lemon zest and minerals...

Taste: ah! crap! harsh bite at the front...ow! not good! bad beer, bad beer!
Dissipates eventually, but offers no rewards...big, painful, citric sour quality pervades what little flavor exists, and each new sip brings a fresh wince to the face. Not what you want in a beer.

One of the worst experience I've had with a beer. Not quite Crazy Ed's, but close...
Yuck!
Someone please confirm for me, "Nastro Azzurro" is Italian for "Nasty Ass", isn't it?
6/15/05

Looking back, thirteen and a half years later....It's not that bad. But it is bland, watery, and unbelievably boring. Was the sample I got then bad, was the beer worse, or have I just built up a tolerance? Good questions. But, now more than ever, I'm staying away from this one.

I still don't know what Nastro Assurro means, though. 

No comments: