Sunday, January 20, 2019

612 Mill City Pilsner

612 Mill City Pilsner. 5.4 % ABV. 25 IBU. 612 Brew, Minneapolis, MN.

Crystal clear, bright golden hue, vivid ivory head. Looking nice.

In the nose: grainy malt notes, lightly floral, a touch of hops.

In the mouth: Crisp, hoppy, dry. Clean. Light bodied, easy drinkin'. Frequent followers of this blog know that I'm not a lager liker of a connoisseur of the pilsner style. When they're good, though, I'll give 'em a nod. Well, there ain't nothing wrong with this one. Good pilsner and you can drink it.

I'll have to admit that I didn't really try their last Pilsner, Gateway Park. I didn't have a ton of trust in the brand, and never tried it. I probably wouldn't have gone out of my way to try this, if it hadn't been given to me. This is one of many new beers from 612, as they're scrapping all of their beers but the Rated R Rye IPA, which was the best received of their beers.

Bright dandelion, light-bodied and crisp with an herbal hop aroma. Notes of cracker, hay and clover.

No comments: