Thursday, January 31, 2019

Sisyphus Uff-Da Pils

Sisyphus Uff-Da Pils. 4.2 % ABV, 42 IBU. Sisyphus Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

I say it over and over again: I'm not a lager lover, or passionate about pilsner, but I'll appreciate a good one, and try them out from time to time. Also, relevant to this post: there was nothing else at Sisyphus the other night that hasn't already been written up here. So, why not take home some Uff-Da?

Clear, bright golden, slim white head.

In the nose: Slight cereal notes, corn?, light floral tones. Clean.

In the mouth: A touch grainy. Crisp and clean. Light hops. Light bodied. Easy drinking. A bit too much of that corn-ish character I'm picking up. Not sure if that's a fermentation flaw, or just in the recipe, but it doesn't work for me. Hops start kicking in later on, and a fruitier character comes into play. Gets better over time, and my initial objections fade away. Though it still feels a bit too sweet.

As a lager, it's fine. As a pilsner, it's not great. As for me, I'm glad that just about every other option at Sisyphus suits me just fine.

No comments: