Saturday, February 27, 2021

Leinenkugel's Session Helles

Leinenkugel's Session Helles. Light Bodied German Style Lager. 

3.4 % ABV. Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company, Chippewa Falls, WI. 


So. A Leinie's, huh? Running out of beers to review, are you? No, not at all, but there are rules to this blogging thing of mine, and one of them is that I never turn down a free beer. Two cans were in my possession when my boss handed them to me and I accepted them. I'm not going to refuse them. "Session Helles," he mused aloud, "aren't all Helles' session beers?" Well, they're extra session when they're only 3.4 % ABV. 

The beers of Leinenkugel's have appeared here eight times before. Six of them were craft beers from their long-gone Big Eddy series, one was a sample given by a sales rep a few years ago, and my review of Honey Weisse was from a bottle taken from the cooler at the Blue Nile. I know nobody cares about minutia like these, but I write it anyway. It's a compulsion of mine. This whole thing is my compulsion. 

Crystal clear, bright golden hue, large white head that settles down swiftly. 

In the nose: light malt, no hops, slightly corny, but inoffensive. 

In the mouth: More of the above. . Crisp and clean, light as air. Watery. Quick finish. Slides off the palate with the greatest of ease. Ends on a dry note. Fairly forgettable, though it does accomplish exactly what it's trying to. Certainly not for me. 


No comments: