Sunday, February 21, 2021

Boulevard Tasting Room: Strata / Citra India Pale Ale

 Boulevard Tasting Room: Strata / Citra India Pale Ale.

5.2 % ABV, 50 IBU, Boulevard Brewing, Kansas City, MO. 


Here's one from a variety pack that I never bought. But, someone dropped one and the package was unsellable, so they all went on sale as singles. Hence, I get to try this beer, without purchasing the whole magilla.

And here we go: 

Clear, bright golden hue, slim white head. Looking very nice. 

In the nose: Citrus notes, and more. Citra brings us citrus, but what does Strata do? I'm a little behind on this one, admittedly? Flowers? Onions? I can't pin it down. A little funky. I like it. 

In the mouth: Nothing but juicy and fruity. Good dose of bitterness, citrus notes, touch of pine. Bright, crisp, a burst of hops on the palate. Medium/light-ish bodied, and excellent drinkability.A touch of white grapes/wine, and a whiff of cat pee. I'm enjoying this immensely. Drink this if you see it. 

Bursting with intensely juicy and floral hops this Tasting Room IPA features bright aromas of passion fruit and citrus with a balanced bitter finish.


No comments: