Friday, February 26, 2021

Beaver Island Coffee & Vanilla Sweet Miss Oatmeal Stout

Beaver Island Coffee & Vanilla Sweet Miss Oatmeal Stout.


And here we have beer #3 of the Beaver Island Sweet Miss variety pack. Did I save the best for last? We'll see. We'll also see more Beaver Island, for I intend to pick up their other variety pack and try out some of their beers that I've passed by. Perhaps the Axe Dragger IPA has gotten better since I tried it last, this past April? 

Solid blackness, completely opaque, slim brown ring of foam atop. 

In the nose: Coffee comes on first, cocoa just below. The, along comes vanilla. Nice. 

In the mouth: Starts out bittersweet, lightly hoppy, but mostly malty. Smooth and easy drinking, medium bodied, slightly toasty. Earthy coffee flavors continue,  sweetened by vanilla notes. 

Personally, I could do with a fuller body and a little less sweetness, but that's what I say about a lot of things. As it is, it's tasty and a treat to drink. I'd gladly have another. 

No comments: