Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Bent Brewstillery A Glitch In The Matrix DDH Hazy DIPA

Bent Brewstillery A Glitch In The Matrix DDH Hazy DIPA. Citra, NZ Kohatu and NZ Moutere. 

8.2 % ABV. Bent Brewstillery, Roseville, MN. 

I know what you're thinking, you're thinking, Al, don't you hate this type of beer? Well, yes, I do. But it was free, although I asked for it. And I haven't tried anything from this brewery in nearly three years. And that was a free sample, too. Then again, I must continue my streak of never paying for the DDH Hazy DIPAs that I review here. If I can help it. 

One further note: You can't just have the $20 4-pack of 16 ounce cans. You also have to have a pop-culture reference and clever title to boot, along with some cool graphics on the label. That's how you catch the eye of the hazy hounds. But it's not all you need, not by a long shot. 

On with the beer: 

Mostly clear, hardly hazy at all, bright golden hue, slim white head. 

In the nose: soft and fuzzy, big citrus, some stone fruit, bit of tropical. 

In the mouth: Brief bitterness, then all is fuzzy and fruity. Citrus smacks first, followed by a cornucopia of delights. Orange, grapefruit, apricot, pineapple, peach. Medium bodied, and easily drinkable, despite the high ABV. Mellow bitterness, zesty citrus flavors. I'm liking it, if not a lot, just a little. Afficciandos of thes style will be sorely disappointed. It's just not hazy enough. 

DDH HAZY DIPA. Citra, NZ Kohatu and NZ Moutere Hops. 

Super dank, Tropical Fruits, Creamy and Strong Finish.

No comments: