Sunday, September 26, 2021

Drumconrath Zim Zam Thank You Mam Mother's Day India Pale Ale

Drumconrath Zim Zam Thank You Mam Mother's Day India Pale Ale.

6 % ABV, 45 IBU. DCR Brewing, Fargo, North Dakota. 

Why am I reviewing a "Mother's Day" IPA in September? Well, why did our store not get it until June? And why did the beer not find it's way into my fridge until August? I'm not late, beer, you are. 

Hazy, bright gold, large and lasting creamy white head. 

In the nose: Brilliantly bitter, abuzz with citrus and pine. Orange, grapefruit, a pinch of pineapple. 

In the mouth: Soft and bitter at once, with a gentle blast of hops at the fore. A cornucopia of tropical delights unfolds upon the palate. Some sweetness to match the bitter, good balance, medium bodied, long hoppy finish. Tasty stuff, indeed. I think my Mom would like it. 

When BSG announced the release of Zamba hops, we looked at the flavor profile and just knew we had to get some. With HUGE tropical, citrus and stone fruit notes, it is one amazing hop! We were sitting around the table, trying to figure out what to call it, and our owner said Zim Zam Thank You Ma'am! ...let's make a Mother's Day Beer. So, here it is, dedicated to all you mothers out there, who give everything for us, encourage us to be our best, and buy us home-brew kits for Christmas. So grab your mom, give her a big hug and tell here thank you.

I was going to share a video for the song "Zim Zam Thank You Ma'am", but I can't find it on YouTube. It has to be on there, everything else is...I'll keep looking...




No comments: