Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Brooklyn Butterfly Photobomb Double IPA

Brooklyn Butterfly Photobomb Double IPA. 


8.5 % ABV. Brewed by the Brooklyn Brewery, Boston, MA. (Whatever happened to Brooklyn, NY?)

And here we have one of the worst label designs I've ever seen. I honestly can't tell what it's supposed to be. What is being depicted here? Let me know if you can figure it out. But, on with the beer. 

Ever-so hazy. Why? Because that's the trend. Bright golden color, good sized and long lasting ivory head. 

In the nose: Powerfully hoppy. Super dank. Big citrus, orange and tangerine, with a side of grapefruit. 

In the mouth: Juicy on the palate, citrus and tropical fruit notes, with the booze coming in hot. Goes down easy, if a little sharp, with delightful hoppy flavors, and a lower bitterness than I appreciate in a double IPA. I'm getting the coconut, a little toasted, and wonder where that's coming from. 

Okay, I see the wings of the butterfly, but they don't resemble any patterns I've ever seen, and an odd combination of colors. They really should have thought this through. 

This is tasty stuff, nicely hoppy, but with far too little hop bitterness. It's got a bit of a buzz that I'm digging, though and that's all right with me. 

Juicy IPA with Sabro hop wings. Notes of freshly peeled tangerines, coconut milk, and sweet passionfruit. Very limited release with proceeds benefitting North Brooklyn Mutual Aid.

No comments: