Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Venn Limited Release Pineapple Northodox NE IPA

Venn Limited Release  Pineapple Northodox NE IPA.

Northodox IPA infused with pineapple. 6.5 % ABV. 40 IBU. 


Venn Brewing, Minneapolis, MN. 

I'm not typically open to fruited IPAs. There was that phase when I dabbled with mango infusions, but that has come and gone. Do I like pineapple in my IPA? It's a question I had to answer. 

All hazy-like, bright yellow coloration, large, lace-leaving, lasting head. 

In the nose: Sweetness and fuzz. Pineapple is king, citrus lies below. Nicely hopped. 

In the mouth: Fruit is on top, hop bitterness lays low. Juicy stuff, for sure. Pineapple flavor grows and grows. Bitterness keeps time with the acidity and pulp. Tasty enough stuff. Medium bodied, long, fruity finish, easily enjoyable. Exceptionally smooth. Just sweet enough and never too. Yeah, I can dig this one. But I wouldn’t make it a regular thing.

Our flagship hazy IPA, Northodox, infused with pineapple.

Malts: Domestic Pale, White Wheat, Oats

Hops: Citra, Simcoe, Mosaic

Yeast: British Ale

And: Pineapple


No comments: