Friday, September 3, 2021

Steel Toe HopTread 9 India Pale Ale


Steel Toe HopTread 9 India Pale Ale. Experimental IPA Series. 

6.9 % ABV, 60 IBU.

Brewed and bottled by Steel Toe Brewing, LLC, St. Louis Park, MN.

Last Monday, on a whim, I decided to bike to Steel Toe. It had been over a year since I'd done so, and a few months since I'd been there at all. Once on the GreenWay, a sign was posted: Trail Closed August 24. What? No! So, this would be be my last chance to travel there that way in...who knows how long? Will I have to walk next time? 

I took home two bottles from this visit, and you have seen one already, the Schwarzbier that I actually reviewed that one the very evening that I took it home. 

Clear, bright golden hue, large and lasting, creamy white head. Looking great. 

In the nose: screaming out citrus and pine, putting me in hophead heaven, and I haven't even tasted it, yet. We can use the dank word here. A hopslosion, of sorts, very diggable. 

In the mouth: Bitterness pounds the palate and pleases the senses from the first sip, hop flavors flow over it all. Grapefruit and lemon, orange peel, tangerine. Crisp, refreshing, and bubbling with bitterness. Light bodied. Downable, delicious, delightful. Pretty much yum a dum dum. 

For fun, I looked back on nearly 10 years of Steel Toe Brewing reviews. In 2017, I once again kicked myself about how I don't get out to the brewery enough and took notes on the HopTread #1 that I was drinking. Four years have gone by and I missed seven HopTreads. Damn. I'm going to have to get used to that walk, I guess. 

No comments: