Saturday, September 11, 2021

Hammerheart Reva's Cryin' In My Beer Edition Imperial Hazy India Pale Ale

Hammerheart Reva's Cryin' In My Beer Edition Imperial Hazy India Pale Ale.


Alc. 10% by Vol. Brewed and Canned by Hammerheart Brewing, Lino Lakes, MN. 

Lightly hazed (very nearly transparent, actually), bold amber color, slim white head. 

In the nose: A good dose of dank kicks it off, with fruity, citrusy notes taking control. A whole lot of sticky.

In the mouth: Big hops bombard the palate, with high alcohol roaring right behind. One-two punch. Great blast of bitterness holds it own for the long haul. Medium bodied, but flavorful as they get. The sticky gets ickier. Candied fruit meets dank and boozy. I'm making prayers for my sobriety. Plans for future reviews tonight are being cancelled. I might just have to lay down for a while. By the way, does anyone have any orange slices? 

Very yum a dum dum. 

Before our dear friend Reva left this world, she made a request of our brewer, Austin: "After I'm gone, make an imperial version of my beer and call it Cryin' in my beer edition". So, here we have an Imperial version of Reva's IPA that she loved so much... just as she asked for. We miss you and love you Reva!


No comments: