Thursday, September 23, 2021

The Brewing Project Double Gunpowder Double India Pale Ale

The Brewing Project Double Gunpowder Double India Pale Ale. With Citra, Centennial, Green Tea, Orange Peel and Honey. 

10 % ABV. The Brewing Projekt, Eau Claire, WI. 

Hazy (of course, naturally), bright golden tone, nearing orange, slim white head. 

In the nose: Orange peel sticks out first, then the tea rushes on in. A taste of honey. Some citrusy hop notes lurk below.

In the mouth: Smooth and mellow. The opposite of what I want in a double IPA. Tea flavor pops on top. Citrus kicks in just after. Fairly fuzzy and murky. Alcohol begins its rise. Honey takes a bow. Some good things going on. 

I can't get over how unlike the double IPAs that I like this double IPA is. I am still holding out hope that TBP will make one that I like. Couple tries left before I shut the door forever. 

I'm moving on to a Sticker Fight next, to reunite me with the style of Double IPA I want to drink. 

Even bigger citrusy IPA brewed with green tea.

No comments: