Saturday, July 7, 2012

Abita Jockomo IPA

For this one, I again look at older notes, drinking now-ish, but not so old as to question what I was thinking lo, those years ago. March 2008 was when I wrote this about this, Jockomo IPA from Abita:


Gorgeous hazed crimson coloring, big, creamy off-white head.

Generous hop aromatics, with a candy-ish sweetness to match the citric bitter smack. Grapefruit meets candy apple and Jolly Rancher.

Drinkin'...juicy. fruity. You could name a gum after it, I guess. Hops hang high, then drop off. Not too bitter, but fairly ordinary for an IPA. A trifle watery and light. I keep looking for a bigger hop smack, but it's not happening here.

Hop bitterness stay on the palate through a long finish, lay long in the mouth, but it ultimately fails to thrill. I could make my way through a 6-pack, but it just doesn't do it for me.

Takin bout ... hey now, hey now

Iko! Iko! an de'

Jackomo fe no an e' , Jackomo fe nan e'

actually, further into the glass, I'm liking it more...points go up.

No comments: