Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Fulton Insurrection Imperial IPA


Fulton Insurrection Imperial India Pale Ale. The official India Pale Ale of the Insurrection Empire. Brewed and packed by Fulton Brewery, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Alc. 9.0% by Vol. 12 oz. REAL BEER.

My first time with this beer. I'd actually never heard of it
before the bottles were released. Where've I been?

Appearance: clear, bright amber hue, under a large, lasting snow-white head. Looking good.

Aroma: Pine and citrus and tropical fruit notes, but without bitterness. Creamy, even. Powerful and pungent, though, oily and resiny. Nice.

Taste: Mmm. hmmm. Yeah. Big hop flavor, sans harsh bitterness. Orange and pineapple and pine needles. Clean, while flavorful, with a long, creamy, fruity finish. Medium bodied. Alcohol well hidden. I like this one. I'm not sure if it would top my list of favorite double IPAs, but I'm digging it. The more I drink it down, the more I like it. Mmmmm. Yeah.

What's the label tell us? "Insurrection is an Imperial IPA charged with 3 lbs per barrel of Nelson Sauvin and Mosaic hops. Bolstered by a 9% aBV malt brigade and finished with an over-the-top explosion of citrus, tropical fruit, and sauvignon blank, this 95 IBU uprising leaves you no choice but to surrender to the hop rebellion."

No comments: